The Acting Studio
Spring Classes Are Now Open for Registration!
Sign-up today and receive an early bird discount!
Looking to explore your passion for acting as a beginner? Join our adult acting class at George Street Playhouse! Our classes are designed to help adults with little to no prior experience in acting unleash their potential. Our experienced instructors provide a supportive environment where students can learn the basics of acting through improvisation and more. We believe that anyone can act, and our classes are designed to encourage students to develop their performing skills. Join us in our beautiful facility at New Brunswick Performing Arts Center and start your journey toward becoming a confident and skilled actor! INSTRUCTOR: Laiona Michelle
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
How do I register for classes?
Can George Street Playhouse meet my access needs?
- We strive to create inclusive, accessible, and equitable learning environments for all people and are committed to working with families to meet individual access needs. Contact us at email@example.com or 732-258-7561 to discuss your needs and how we can best serve them.
What should I bring to class?
- We recommend students bring a water bottle and any additional materials that they’ll need to support their learning and engagement.
What should students wear?
- We recommend students wear clothes that are comfortable and that they can easily move around in and shoes that strap on to their feet. For students wearing skirts and dresses, we suggest wearing some type of shorts or leggings so they can still move freely in all activities.
- Do students require any form of experience?
- A willingness to be challenged is the only experience necessary.
- Are there auditions required for Classes?
- Are there beginner vs. advanced classes?
- As a theater company, George Street Playhouse emphasizes technique, craft and in particular, teamwork within a rehearsal atmosphere. We do not divide students by beginner or advanced, but rather by age-group, allowing performers to have quality training, regardless of age and experience.
- What happens if I’m sick?
- If you are exhibiting symptoms of sickness before class, such as a fever or vomiting, please stay at home and email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify staff that you will be absent.
**Note that we are unable to prorate or provide refunds for missed classes.
- What Do I Need for Virtual Classes?
- Please have a space you can use, that will be uninterrupted for the duration of your class. Please be sure you have little to no distractions, out of respect for yourself, yourinstructor, and your fellow students/actors.
- Please ensure you have strong internet network connectivity. You will need to have a camera that can log onto zoom. It is a good idea to test your camera and sound prior to class to ensure functionality. You are expected to keep your camera on for the duration of the class unless instructed otherwise.
- Have water, a notebook, a pen, and any other supplies you may need, handy for the duration of your class.
*George Street Playhouse has a zero-tolerance policy regarding aggressive or abusive behavior during our classes. Students who engage in fighting, use foul/abusive language or gestures or attempt to distract/disrupt/engage in other behavior detrimental to the health, safety, and experience of other students/actors will be immediately banned from all and future GSP classes or events.
- HOW DO I REGISTER MY CHILD FOR CLASSES?
- Most families register for The Acting Studio on our website. If you don’t have access to a computer, we will happily help you register. Call the Education Department at 732-258-7558.
If you have additional questions about classes from our Acting Studio, contact us at email@example.com.
- Can you meet my Child’s access needs?
- We strive to create inclusive, accessible, and equitable learning environments for all young people and are committed to working with families to meet individual access needs. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 732-258-7558 to discuss your child’s needs and how we can best serve them.
What should my child bring to class?
We recommend students to bring a water bottle and any additional materials that they’ll need to support their learning and engagement.
*To minimize the transportation of germs, we ask stuffed animals and favorite toys stay at home.
What should my child wear?
We recommend students wear clothes that are comfortable and that they can easily move around in and shoes that strap on to their feet. For students wearing skirts and dresses, we suggest wearing some type of shorts or leggings so they can still move freely in all activities.
- What happens if my child is sick?
- If a student has a fever, throws up, or exhibits signs of illness while at attending classes at George Street Playhouse, that student will be moved to an isolated space and will remain under adult supervision until they can be picked up. If your child exhibits symptoms of sickness before class, such as a fever or vomiting, please leave your child at home and email email@example.com notify staff know your child will be absent. Note that we are unable to prorate or provide refunds for missed classes.
- Can I be with my child during class?
- For the safety and security of your child, we do not allow adults to watch the class during session. This simple rule helps us ensure that no one is here who should not be. In addition, the instructor can better guide the class dynamic and atmosphere.
- How can I support my child’s full participation?
- Here are some ways you can help make your child’s experience safe, fun, and successful.
Please make sure your child:
○ Uses the restroom and eats before class starts
○ Has water nearby
○ Provide us with an emergency allergy plan if your child has one
- How can my child perform on the mainstage?
- For select mainstage productions, George Street Playhouse occasionally casts young actors. To find mainstage audition opportunities please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- What measures are you taking to ensure safety during my child’s class?
- We are so happy to be producing theatre in-person again, and we are taking steps to help ensure we can keep doing just that while creating a safe environment for our cast members, families, and audiences.
- We use electronic surveillance across the building, and we partner with local law enforcement to ensure the safety of everyone who visits us. We also reserve the right to inspect any bag, container, or package that is brought into the theater. Guests may be requested to return large items to their vehicles. Because of this, we ask that our guests leave these items at home or in their vehicles.
Please note: to ensure the safety of all of our students, we have a strict no-nut policy for both peanuts and tree-nuts (including hazelnut products such as Nutella) and products that “may contain” peanuts and tree-nuts.
Parents will be required to sign a TALENT RELEASE FORM – allowing video and photography recording of student performers.
ENROLLMENT & BILLING
For questions related to registration, enrollment, or billing
Please contact the George Street offices directly. Your instructor will not be able to assist you with these types of questions. You can reach the George Street education department at email@example.com OR Phone # at 732.258.7561
- What is the refund policy?
Registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis for all classes in The Acting Studio. No refunds will be granted 24 hrs. prior to the start date of class.
Full deposit is required upon registration in order to reserve a space. Tuition must be made before the first day of class, unless a payment plan has been issued.
George Street Playhouse reserves the right to cancel any class that does not meet enrollment requirements and will inform you no later than one week before that start date.
- Do you offer financial aid or payment plans?
Limited need-based scholarships are availabe for youth classes.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org OR Phone # at 732.258.7561
If you are interested in a payment plan, please email us at email@example.com