COVID-19 & Public Health Policy
George Street Playhouse and The New Brunswick Performing Arts Center are committed to the safety of our patrons, artists, and staff. We are guided by CDC guidelines and the state of New Jersey for our policies in preventing the spread of COVID-19 and protecting the health of our audiences, staff, volunteers, artists and their production teams.
The below policies will be reevaluted in June following the close of the 2021/22 season.
Currently all patrons attending a performance at the New Brunswick Performing Arts Center (NBPAC) must show proof of vaccination, including a booster if eligible, and a photo ID.
Visit the CDC for more
Proof can be provided via The Rutgers Campus Pass, a vaccine card, or through NJ’s Docket App or any other official state vaccination app (which can be downloaded from the app store on your phone). If not vaccinated, you must present a Negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of the performance date in addition to a photo ID.
All patrons are required to wear masks at all times while inside the venue. This includes children older than 2 who have not been vaccinated. KN95 or N95 masks are recommended.
All policies are subject to change based on current guidelines and standards.
Thank you for your support of Live Performances and for your help in making sure we can all gather safely and enjoy them.
For more information about the policies and procedures at George Street Playhouse., please read below.
For the safety of your fellow patrons and our staff, please follow all instructions while visiting George Street Playhouse.
- If you do not feel well, stay home. Call our Patron Services team at (732) 246-7717 to make us aware of your absence and discuss future ticket options.
- Face Coverings are required while inside the New Brunswick Performing Arts Center.
- Practice social distancing at all times.
- There will not be any coat check during this time, please bring as little into the building as possible. If you need to bring a purse, bring a small one. Bottles of wine and leftovers from restaurants will not allowed at this time.
- We have worked hard to reduce all common touchpoints. This includes print at home ticketing. Please have your ticket(s) ready to be scanned for admittance into the event.
- We have touchless faucets, soap dispensers, toilets, and open-mouthed trash cans.
- Please wash your hands. Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the facility for your convenience.
- Please be patient. This is new to us, too. Together, we can enjoy the arts in this new world!