COVID-19 & Public Health Policy
George Street Playhouse and The New Brunswick Performing Arts Center are guided by CDC guidelines and the state of New Jersey for our policies in preventing the spread of COVID-19 and protecting the health of our audiences, staff, volunteers, artists and their production teams.
Beginning September 1, patrons attending any performance at the New Brunswick Performing Arts Center (NBPAC) must show proof of vaccination via a vaccine card, or proof through NJ’s Docket App (which can be downloaded from the app store on your phone). If not vaccinated, you must present a Negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of the performance date.
All patrons are required to wear masks at all times while inside the venue. This includes children who have not been vaccinated. This policy will be re-evaluated in November 2021
George Street Playhouse is following the procedures set forth by the NBPAC, as detailed below.
CURRENT GUIDELINES (as of 5.27.21)
For the safety of your fellow patrons and our staff, please follow all instructions while visiting the NBPAC.
- If you do not feel well, stay home. Call Patron Services to make us aware of your absence and discuss future ticket options.
- Face Coverings are required while inside the New Brunswick Performing Arts Center.
- Practice social distancing at all times in lobbies and common areas.
- There will not be any coat check during this time, please bring as little into the building as possible. If you need to bring a purse, bring a small one. Bottles of wine and leftovers from restaurants will not allowed at this time.
- We have worked hard to reduce all common touchpoints. This includes print at home ticketing and online programs. Please have your ticket(s) ready to be scanned for admittance into the event.
- We have touchless faucets, soap dispensers, toilets, and open-mouthed trash cans.
- Please wash your hands. Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the facility for your convenience.
- Please be patient. This is new to us, too. Together, we can enjoy the arts in this new world!