Work With Us
Please click a link below to read more about opportunities at George Street Playhouse!
- Stage Manager for Touring Theater
- Company Manager/Assistant Production Manager
- Tour and Academy Program Manager
GEORGE STREET PLAYHOUSE, New Brunswick NJ, seeks a Non-Equity Stage Manager for the GSP Touring Company. Commitment from August 26, 2019 - February 22, 2020. Work is demanding and requires excellent organizational and communication skills. Must have a positive attitude, passion for theatre, and interest in working with youth. Touring Theatre performs one show that travels to area schools, colleges, and community groups within the tri-state area. Must relocate to Central New Jersey region. Must have valid driver's license. Reports to Director of Education. For more information on our touring productions please visit https://georgestreetplayhouse.<wbr/>org/classes-workshops/touring-<wbr/>productions/
Provide stage management for one TYA theatre production that tours to area schools, colleges, and community groups within the tri-state area.
Conduct pick-up rehearsals, as needed, throughout the contract.
Responsibility for daily operation of touring productions that include managing the 4-member acting company during load-in, load-out, set-up, and strike for all rehearsals and performances.
Maintain the artistic integrity for each of the productions.
Supervising technical aspects for all Touring Theatre productions, including running and troubleshooting lighting, sound and body mics for productions.
Serving as liaison between GSP and presenters’ contacts/ technical personnel.
Creating weekly schedule for company at least two weeks in advance.
Producing and distributing daily rehearsal/production reports.
A leader that is able to solve problems in a collaborative manner.
Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Must have the ability to work with a diverse group of actors.
Must have strong, professional communication skills.
Must have creative, diplomatic problem solving skills.
Salary: $450 per week.
George Street Playhouse, an active LORT theatre 40 minutes from Manhattan, seeks an experienced and artist-focused Company Manager/Assistant Production Manager to join our team in August 2019 as we launch the inaugural season in our new home: the brand-new, state of the art New Brunswick Performing Arts Center. The complex, which opens in September 2019 features two theatres, five rehearsal spaces and shop facilities as well as GSP’s administrative offices - in the heart of downtown New Brunswick. Ideal candidate will have solid experience as a Company Manager and a basic knowledge of Production Management, with a willingness to learn and grow in the role of Assistant Production Manager. Applicant must be an enthusiastic “can-do” team player who can think on their feet, demonstrates grace under pressure is ready and excited to play an important role in GSP’s transition to a new facility, the inaugural season and beyond. This position plays a key role in executing the Artistic Director’s vision to provide a welcoming and world-class home in which artists are free to do their best work.
Main responsibilities include: the coordination, management and day-to-day operations of artist services, including all aspects of travel, hospitality, and accommodations for the company/creative team; as well as administrative duties including creation and upkeep of contracts, calendars, trade agreements, internal and external communications, assisting with production budget tracking and department payroll. This position is expected to attend all production meetings and to be onsite to coordinate/facilitate hospitality and other production management matters during tech and preview periods. A valid driver’s license is required.
An integral member of the Production Team, this position reports to the Production Manager, works closely with the General Manager, and plays a key role in implementing the vision of the Artistic Director. Full Time/Benefits available. Email resume and references to: Chris Bailey, Production Manager, George Street Playhouse, cbailey@<georgestplayhouse.org
George Street Playhouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- we respect and seek to empower each individual, and we support diverse cultures, perspectives, and experiences.
The Tour and Academy Program Manager is an experienced professional arts administrator; responsible for supporting the development and implementation of George Street Playhouse’s Tour and Academy programs. The ideal candidate will have a passion for theatre, arts education, and a demonstrated commitment to youth development and working collaboratively with diverse groups of people.
In collaboration with George Street Playhouse’s Director of Education, Tour and Academy Program Manager will help to cultivate meaningful, strategic relationships with New Jersey residents, public schools, government and corporate grantmakers, and community-based organizations.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Accountability:
● Program Development: The Tour and Academy Program Manager participates in the development, implementation and promotion of department-wide programming. The Tour and Academy Program Manager will work closely with the Director of Education to develop Tour and Academy programs that engage and educate people of all ages. This includes assisting with the business model for new works for the Touring Company and classes for the Academy.
● Program Implementation: The Tour and Academy Program Manager is an essential member of the staff responsible for building positive partnerships with schools, communities, funders, students and parents. This position directly supervises the implementation of Tour and Academy programs, including the management of the day-to-day operations of the New Jersey and regional Touring companies and on-site Academy programs.
● Marketing: The Tour and Academy Program Manager will work closely with Marketing and Development departments on the coordination and execution of Education’s earned and contributed revenue strategy and goals. This will include generating and communicating key Education digital and narrative assets, as well as contributing to the development and execution of a robust social media presence for Tour and Academy programs.
● Community Engagement: The Tour and Academy Program Manager will actively participate in community meetings, education conferences, and funder meetings to consistently engage key stakeholders to expand the presence and impact of GSP Tour and Academy programs.
● Assessment: The Tour and Academy Program Manager will conduct formal and informal observations of Tour and Academy programs to assess the quality of our work, and work constructively with department staff to achieve continual improvement.
● Other related duties, as assigned.
The Tour and Academy Program Manager is a highly organized administrator, with excellent communication and relationship building skills, a strong work ethic, and a deep commitment to working with diverse communities. The Tour and Academy Program Manager demonstrates a collaborative nature, spirit of warmth, and love for children. They have:
BA in Marketing/PR; Business; Theatre Arts; or Education
Experience in the field of arts education or marketing
Experience in community engagement and youth development.
Strong communication skills and capacity for sales and customer service
A confident public speaker with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Detail oriented with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects with diverse partners simultaneously.
Knowledge of Tessitura, photography, video editing and ability to speak Spanish are a plus.
Candidates of color and diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This is a full time, salaried position. George Street Playhouse offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance.
Please email your resume, and a letter of interest that defines your qualifications for this position, to:
Jim Jack, Director of Education