Work With Us
Summer 2020 Theatre Academy College Internship
George Street Playhouse is looking for dedicated Summer Theatre Academy Interns to work with professional Teaching Artists and the Education Department staff as part of our Summer Theatre Academy. Summer Theatre Academy Interns will primarily focus on assisting with student education, classroom management, and assisting lead teachers with classroom and material organization. Summer Academy Interns are often asked to lead students in fun and engaging theatre games and short lessons, assist in side coaching and one-on-one coaching, and to contribute their specific artistry to the growth and development of student productions. We work with students ages 5 – 18. Experience with children is a plus. Having a warm, positive, approachable energy is a must.
We are looking for Classroom Interns with one or more of the following skill sets / backgrounds:
- Devised Theatre and / or Playwriting
- Storytelling / Acting / Performance
- Voice / Musical Theatre (sight reading and ability to teach music a plus)
- Movement / Dance / Ensemble staging
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Previous experience / Works well with children ages 5-18
We are looking for a Musical Intern with one or more of the following skill sets / backgrounds:
- Proficient Accompanist (piano and/or guitar preferred)
- Ability to teach voice/singing to children
- Sight Reading/Singing
- Musical Composition / Devised Music
- Previous experience / Works well with children ages 5-12
We are looking for a Production/Stage Management Intern with one or more of the following skill sets / backgrounds:
- Costume Construction/Sewing skills
- Scenic Building and Painting
- Strong communication and organization skills
- Previous Stage Management experience
- Works well with children ages 5-18
This year, George Street Playhouse Summer Theatre Academy will take place at The New Brunswick Performing Arts Center (9-11 Livingston Ave New Brunswick, NJ, 08901). Interns are contracted Monday-Friday from July 6th – July 31st, 2020, 8am-4:30pm. In addition, interns are expected to attend 2-3 days of Professional Development prior to the first week of STA and 1-2 days following for post Academy Clean-Up.
Interns are provided a weekly stipend. Academic credit is up to the discretion of the intern's college or university. GSP will provide the sponsoring institution any necessary reports or evaluations.
Application deadline is Friday, April 10, 2020
Please send cover letter, theatre resume, and work experience resume to Angela Peletier, STA Internship Coordinator, at email@example.com
Development Associate, Donor Relations
The Development Associate, Donor Relations plays an essential role on the four-person development team. Primary responsibilities include:
- executing the annual fund campaign
- drafting appeal and acknowledgement letters
- Tracking and delivery of donor benefits
- Processing contributions in Tessitura database system
- Conducting prospect research
- Maintaining the integrity of donor records
This position reports to the Director of Development and helps support donor cultivation and stewardship activities, assists in other special campaigns, and participates in donor events. Some weekend and evening hours are required.
The successful candidate can manage several projects at once, meet deadlines, and work independently or collaboratively as part of a team, Strong writers with solid administrative skills, two or more years of nonprofit marketing and/or fundraising experience, knowledge of Tessitura or other CRM system, and an appreciation of theater and theater arts education are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants are required to submit a resume with cover letter and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 20th. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Patron Relations Associates
George Street Playhouse is looking for a select few individuals to serve as part-time (approx. 20-30 hours) Patron Relations Associates. Ideal candidates will be passionate about theatre and aspire to be an integral part of the team for our entire 2019-2020 season
Associates will be responsible for the following:
- Sell and distribute both single tickets and subscriptions using ticketing software
- Handle customer service inquiries and resolve issues
- Provide insightful knowledge concerning our organization as well as our productions
- Answer phones and direct calls
- Assist with administrative assignments, primarily in regards to Marketing and Sales
- Serve as the face of George Street Playhouse during box office hours
Candidates should be charismatic, comfortable on the telephone, and have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Multitasking and attention to detail are crucial. Basic computer skills are a must, training on ticketing software will be provided. Tessitura experience a plus
Looking to hire associates to cover regular business hours, evenings and weekends. Candidates do not necessarily need to be available for all possible shifts. Pay starts at $10/hr
George Street Playhouse is a nationally recognized theatre located in New Brunswick, NJ, presenting an acclaimed mainstage season while providing an artistic home for established and emerging theatre artists. George Street Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Submit cover letter, resume and references to Molly Sullivan, Sales and Patron Services Manager at email@example.com