Work With Us
Manager of Institutional Relations
George Street Playhouse, a non-profit professional theater in New Brunswick, NJ, seeks an experienced grants professional to build corporate, foundation, and government support for its highly acclaimed mainstage and educational programs. This is a great opportunity to be part of a renowned regional theater at a very exciting time in its history -- just months from moving to its future home in the New Brunswick Performing Art Center, currently under construction in the city’s downtown.
This position is responsible for a high volume of grant proposals and reports, in-depth prospect research, and cultivation of new funders. Applicants should have five years experience working in fundraising, with demonstrated success in building institutional funding. The successful candidate will be a strong and persuasive writer able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines. While a background in theatre is not required, those with an appreciation for, and understanding of, the role of theatre in society are encouraged to apply.
George Street Playhouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer --we respect and seek to empower each individual, and we support diverse cultures, perspectives, and experiences.
To be considered for this position please send a resume with cover letter and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 14, 2019.
Tour and Academy Program Manager
The Tour and Academy Program Manager is an experienced professional arts administrator; responsible for supporting the development and implementation of George Street Playhouse’s Tour and Academy programs. The ideal candidate will have a passion for theatre, arts education, and a demonstrated commitment to youth development and working collaboratively with diverse groups of people.
In collaboration with George Street Playhouse’s Director of Education, Tour and Academy Program Manager will help to cultivate meaningful, strategic relationships with New Jersey residents, public schools, government and corporate grantmakers, and community-based organizations.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Accountability:
● Program Development: The Tour and Academy Program Manager participates in the development, implementation and promotion of department-wide programming. The Tour and Academy Program Manager will work closely with the Director of Education to develop Tour and Academy programs that engage and educate people of all ages. This includes assisting with the business model for new works for the Touring Company and classes for the Academy.
● Program Implementation: The Tour and Academy Program Manager is an essential member of the staff responsible for building positive partnerships with schools, communities, funders, students and parents. This position directly supervises the implementation of Tour and Academy programs, including the management of the day-to-day operations of the New Jersey and regional Touring companies and on-site Academy programs.
● Marketing: The Tour and Academy Program Manager will work closely with Marketing and Development departments on the coordination and execution of Education’s earned and contributed revenue strategy and goals. This will include generating and communicating key Education digital and narrative assets, as well as contributing to the development and execution of a robust social media presence for Tour and Academy programs.
● Community Engagement: The Tour and Academy Program Manager will actively participate in community meetings, education conferences, and funder meetings to consistently engage key stakeholders to expand the presence and impact of GSP Tour and Academy programs.
● Assessment: The Tour and Academy Program Manager will conduct formal and informal observations of Tour and Academy programs to assess the quality of our work, and work constructively with department staff to achieve continual improvement.
● Other related duties, as assigned.
The Tour and Academy Program Manager is a highly organized administrator, with excellent communication and relationship building skills, a strong work ethic, and a deep commitment to working with diverse communities. The Tour and Academy Program Manager demonstrates a collaborative nature, spirit of warmth, and love for children. They have:
BA in Marketing/PR; Business; Theatre Arts; or Education
Experience in the field of arts education or marketing
Experience in community engagement and youth development.
Strong communication skills and capacity for sales and customer service
A confident public speaker with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Detail oriented with the ability to effectively manage multiple projects with diverse partners simultaneously.
Knowledge of Tessitura, photography, video editing and ability to speak Spanish are a plus.
Candidates of color and diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This is a full time, salaried position. George Street Playhouse offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance.
Please email your resume, and a letter of interest that defines your qualifications for this position, to:
Jim Jack, Director of Education