Work With Us
Development Associate, Donor Relations
The Development Associate, Donor Relations plays an essential role on the four-person development team. Primary responsibilities include:
- executing the annual fund campaign
- drafting appeal and acknowledgement letters
- Tracking and delivery of donor benefits
- Processing contributions in Tessitura database system
- Conducting prospect research
- Maintaining the integrity of donor records
This position reports to the Director of Development and helps support donor cultivation and stewardship activities, assists in other special campaigns, and participates in donor events. Some weekend and evening hours are required.
The successful candidate can manage several projects at once, meet deadlines, and work independently or collaboratively as part of a team, Strong writers with solid administrative skills, two or more years of nonprofit marketing and/or fundraising experience, knowledge of Tessitura or other CRM system, and an appreciation of theater and theater arts education are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants are required to submit a resume with cover letter and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 20th. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Patron Relations Associates
George Street Playhouse is looking for a select few individuals to serve as part-time (approx. 20-30 hours) Patron Relations Associates. Ideal candidates will be passionate about theatre and aspire to be an integral part of the team for our entire 2019-2020 season
Associates will be responsible for the following:
- Sell and distribute both single tickets and subscriptions using ticketing software
- Handle customer service inquiries and resolve issues
- Provide insightful knowledge concerning our organization as well as our productions
- Answer phones and direct calls
- Assist with administrative assignments, primarily in regards to Marketing and Sales
- Serve as the face of George Street Playhouse during box office hours
Candidates should be charismatic, comfortable on the telephone, and have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment. Multitasking and attention to detail are crucial. Basic computer skills are a must, training on ticketing software will be provided. Tessitura experience a plus
Looking to hire associates to cover regular business hours, evenings and weekends. Candidates do not necessarily need to be available for all possible shifts. Pay starts at $10/hr
George Street Playhouse is a nationally recognized theatre located in New Brunswick, NJ, presenting an acclaimed mainstage season while providing an artistic home for established and emerging theatre artists. George Street Playhouse is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Submit cover letter, resume and references to Molly Sullivan, Sales and Patron Services Manager at email@example.com