Work With Us
George Street Playhouse recognizes the value of diverse experiences, identities and backgrounds and is committed to building an equitable, inclusive and anti-racist organization that is representative of the world in which we live. Candidates who identify as Black, Indigenous or a Person of Color; LGTBQ+ and gender diverse candidates; candidates with disabilities; as well as candidates from historically marginalized groups are all encouraged to apply. We aim to collect a pool of diverse and qualified candidates prior to reviewing resumes; please forward this position to someone you think will be a good fit.
Click a position below to jump to that description or scroll down to learn more about applying:
As a member of the marketing team, the ideal candidate for this position thrives in a collaborative and creative environment and is a person who is passionate about the arts, its impact on the community, and an avid content creator with experience in graphic design, video capture and editing, and email marketing.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Lead graphic designer for projects supporting all areas of the administrative team including: marketing & sales/customer experience, development, education, general administration.
Create and post content on social media.
Work with Marketing Manager to create and maintain content on website.
Design and traffic adverting collateral.
Work with the organization’s digital agency to make sure all campaigns have the required assets, updating as needed.
Capture photographs and video at rehearsals, performances, and special events and edit content for all platforms.
Produce engaging videos with our production’s creative teams, actors, and other stakeholders to share the excitement of GSP.
Design and coordinate production of playbill for each production, as well as other program assets as needed.
Lead design of collateral for annual gala.
Collaborate with the rest of the marketing and sales team on strategy, and projects.
Attend rehearsals, performances, and special events as necessary.
In addition to regular office hours (Monday through Friday 10am - 6pm), weekend and evening hours are, at times, required. This position is expected to attend the following:
All company “Meet and Greet” / First Rehearsals, Opening Night pre- and post-show activities, dress rehearsal/photo calls and at least one preview performance for each mainstage production.
Some major events produced by the company including the Annual Gala Benefit, one-night only events and special events related to the activities of the Education and Community Engagement Departments.
It is expected that the Graphic Designer & Content Coorindator will be accessible by mobile when not on-site at the theatre. This is an “on call” position while the theatre is in season.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
This is a full-time, exempt, annual salaried position of $45,000 - $55,000. George Street Playhouse offers a benefits package that includes medical and dental insurance with annual allowance for out of pocket medical expenses, 9 paid holidays, vacation time, sick leave, paid parking near the theater and complimentary tickets to George Street Playhouse productions.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to: Jason Paddock, Director of Marketing & Customer Experience, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only candidates who submit a resume and cover letter will be considered.
Reports to: Director of Development
Compensation: $44,000-$48,000 plus benefits
The Development Associate is a strong writer and capable non-profit professional with experience in fundraising or marketing.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Associate is capable of working independently as well as collaboratively as a contributing member of our team. A strong candidate for this position will have administrative skills and CRM experience. This position plays a vital role in advancing our mission while gaining opportunities for professional development and growth within the company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Crafts compelling donor communications and solicitation materials
- Manages the execution of the annual fund appeals
- Manages the submission of grant proposals and reports in coordination with a freelance grant writer
- Works closely with members of the artistic, production, marketing and education departments to develop proposal content and keep abreast of anticipated fundable projects and organizational needs.
- Manages the annual calendars/deadlines for appeals, grant proposals, and reports
- Helps maintain CRM records regarding gifts and relationships
- Prepares timely and accurate acknowledgement of gifts and delivery of donor or sponsor benefits
- Provides administrative support to the Director of Development
- Supports the planning and executing of special events, including but not limited to: Opening Nights, Donor Cultivation Events, and the Annual Gala/Major Fundraising event
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development
- Persuasive writer and communicator
- Experienced in fundraising or marketing for a non-profit organization
- Commitment to values of inclusion, diversity and equity
- Ability to work independently
- Able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Comfortable working collaboratively and effectively with other members of the development team and with other departments.
- Appreciation for theatre and understanding of its role in society.
- 2-3+ years working in fundraising in a non-profit organization with experience preparing grant proposals, annual appeal letters, and other persuasive donor communications.
- College degree in related field preferred, but will consider additional years of related work experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience with G-Suite and MS Word products.
- Experience with CRM systems; Tessitura experience a plus.
COVID-19 vaccination, including eligible boosters, is a condition of employment.
In addition to regular office hours (Monday through Friday 10am - 6pm), weekend and evening hours are, at times, required. Weekly work hour schedules for this position are approved by the Director of Development. GSP currently allows staff whose work can be performed off-site one remote day per week.
This is a full-time, exempt, salaried position of $44,000-$48,000. George Street Playhouse offers a benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance with annual allowance for out of pocket medical expenses, paid holidays, vacation time, administrative PTO days during the last week of December, sick leave, paid professional development opportunities, paid parking near the theater and complimentary tickets to George Street Playhouse productions.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to: Jacqueline Brendel, Director of Development, email@example.com. Please note only candidates who submit a resume and cover letter will be considered. Please use the cover letter as your opportunity to detail how your qualifications fit this position. Candidates are welcome to submit a relevant writing sample with their application but it is not required at this time. Candidates who move forward will be asked to submit a writing sample (proposal or other appeal) during the process.
George Street Playhouse recognizes the value of diverse experiences, identities and backgrounds and is committed to building an equitable, inclusive and anti-racist organization that is representative of the world in which we live. Candidates who identify as Black, Hispanic, Indigenous or a Person of Color; LGTBQ+ and gender diverse candidates; candidates with disabilities; as well as candidates from historically marginalized groups are highly encouraged to apply. We aim to collect a pool of diverse and qualified candidates prior to reviewing resumes; please forward this position to someone you think will be a good fit.